Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old State Tax Lien

tag
pritchardhallhokie
Frequent Contributor

Old State Tax Lien

Hello all.  I have posted about this before and all but given up, I want to give it the old college try again. Here's the situation:

I lived in GA years ago.  I moved to VA in the middle of 2003.  In 2008, I received notification that I had a Public Record for unpaid state tax in GA for 2003.  I called and told them I wasn't aware I was supposed to pay taxes in that year, got it put on an installment plan and paid it off in 2 years.

Fast forward to today, it still shows as outstanding and with a balance.  I got them to send me the paperwork to say it was paid but I need to send it in to show paid in full (which will age from the date of payment if I'm not mistaken).

My biggest problem is, I wasn't ever notified of this or served any papers or anything, I had to find out about it way late.  Can this be disputed/removed?

Thank you!

Starting Score: 584TU / 580EQ
Current Score: 670 TU / 680EQ
Goal Score: 720 TU / 720 EQ

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: Old State Tax Lien

I basically had the same thing but with a school....

I went to school at the UofP and dropped out after i completed the semester, filed all paperwork and what not....

Fast forward to today, and i have a collection from them for 2210 dollars..... they say that i got an F in 2 of my classes (I have never gotten an F in my LIFE,  am a nerd) and that i could only challenge grades up to 6 weeks back.... so i sent an email to the president of UofP lol.... we are working it out now. 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.