cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old T-Mobile Collections (AFNI) being reported as a credit account 120+ past due

tag
Chadius
Contributor

Re: Old T-Mobile Collections (AFNI) being reported as a credit account 120+ past due

Here is my collections showing late:

AFNI, INC.    
Account Number:    deleted for privacy    
Acct Type:    Open Account    
Acct Status:        
Monthly Payment:        
Date Open:    1/1/0001    
Balance:    $702.00    
Terms:        
High Balance:    $702.00    
Limit:        
Past Due:    $702.00    
Payment Status:    At least 120 days or more than four payments past due    
Comments:    
COLLECTION ACCOUNT

ARROW FINCL 
Account NumberSmiley TongueREMIER B-XXXX  
Acct TypeSmiley Surprisedpen Account     
Acct Status:
Monthly Payment:        
Date Open:6/1/2007 
Balance:$826.00   
Terms:    
High Balance:$495.00    
Limit:        
Past Due: $826.00   $826.00    
Payment Status:At least 120 days or more than four payments past due 
Comments: 
COLLECTION ACCOUNT

MIDLAND CREDIT MANAG   

Account Number:        
Acct Type:    Open Account    
Acct Status:       Open 
Monthly Payment:        
Date Open:    12/1/2007    

Balance:    $623.00   
Terms:        
High Balance:    $783.00    
Limit:        
Past Due:    $623.00    
Payment Status:    At least 120 days or more than four payments past due  
Comments:    COLLECTION ACCOUNT

Message Edited by Chadius on 08-31-2009 07:02 PM
Message 11 of 19
Chadius
Contributor

Re: Old T-Mobile Collections (AFNI) being reported as a credit account 120+ past due

So what should I do with my above collections?
Message 12 of 19
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Chadius, you need to determine the date of the 30-day late on the OC account that led to the collection activity.  That is your DOFD, and controls when the CA must drop from your CR.  The date the CA opened their account with the CRA is immaterial.
Message 13 of 19
Chadius
Contributor

I already figured that part out. I was wondering about them posting 120 days late, when they can't or shouldn't.

I guess if I just get them to PFD, then all the lates go away, right?

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had the same problem, AFNI was reporting it as late, I paid them than disputed it. got them to delete it
Message 15 of 19
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:
CAs can not reports lates.  File complaints with your AG and the FTC.

CA's cannot report monthly payment history pattern unlike OC's. But correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that 120 + late just a factual statement about the account? That remark has nothing to do with the "current" collection account payment history and is not factored into the scoring model. They are simply not reporting payment history whatsoever. Therefore, there is nothing wrong with having a 120+ late remark.

AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 16 of 19
oneboss302
Regular Contributor

AFNI is doing the same to me. It is listed in my accounts section too. It's even reported this month as a Reposession/ Forclosure!!! What do I do?

Photobucket
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in the process of purchasing a house and I feel like this AFNI account is lowing my credit score. I need to get rid of this ASAP. Any suggestions?
Message 18 of 19
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Chopbrocoli wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:
CAs can not reports lates.  File complaints with your AG and the FTC.

CA's cannot report monthly payment history pattern unlike OC's. But correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that 120 + late just a factual statement about the account? That remark has nothing to do with the "current" collection account payment history and is not factored into the scoring model. They are simply not reporting payment history whatsoever. Therefore, there is nothing wrong with having a 120+ late remark.

CAs should not have lates at all.  I have several collections (unfortunately) and I disputed the fact that they were showing lates.  They were removed.

It also depends on where the collection is being reported.  It should only show in the collection section but sometimes they show in your regular accounts.  If it is in the regular accounts then the 120 day remark is hurting, especially if the CA updates monthly.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.