cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old accounts in good standing that should have fallen off...

tag
windycitygirl
Established Member

Old accounts in good standing that should have fallen off...

Hi All-- I have about 10 accounts on my credit reports that were in good standing (no lates, paid in full) that should have fallen off last year because they are past the 7 year mark. Should I push to have them removed? Does it look better to have more accounts in good standing (even though they are not currently active) or is it better to have fewer accounts. My credit is very challenged as all 3 scores are in the mid 500s and I am trying to figure out the smartest moves to make. So far, I have decided to consolidate student loans (that will get rid of about 12 open accounts in good standing). I also have 4 credit cards that were charged off because of financial stress that i was under from 2011 through early 2014. I hope to begin paying on those by the beginning of 2015. Let me know if you all have suggestions on the moves that i would like to make wih the credit cards and student loans. Thank you!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Old accounts in good standing that should have fallen off...

Accounts in good standing stay on your reports for 10+ years. The good accounts look good on your credit reports.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Old accounts in good standing that should have fallen off...

You never want any accounts in Good Standing to fall off.

You want good standing accounts.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.