Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old car loan reported as open after refinance

tag
jg1983
Regular Contributor

Old car loan reported as open after refinance

I refinanced my car loan from WFDS to DCU a few weeks ago and my WFDS account is still being reported as open even though WFDS confirmed to me over the phone the account is closed. Essentially my credit report is showing 2 car loans for a total of about $28k instead of just the $14k I owe DCU. I was wondering if this could negatively affect my credit score and what if anything I can do about this.

On another note i am wondering about a credit card i have. I have a NFCU and a DCU credit card. The NFCU card showed up on my credit reports the day after i activated it and boosted my score about 30 points. I have had the DCU card activated for a few weeks and it isn't on my credit report yet. I am wondering why that is. I am hoping that card gives me another score boost.

1 REPLY 1
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Old car loan reported as open after refinance

Quite often there is an overlap when refinancing something where both the old and new account report as open. And some credit cards take up to 2 or 3 statements to report. Give it some time.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.