Did you mean: 

Old collections reporting as new - Question

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Old collections reporting as new - Question

@Anonymous wrote:

*UPDATE*

I wanted to update this to let you know that we got our mortgage preapproval, and the only requirement of the lender was to pay this collection (because it was showing as a dispute) - So I called up Online Collections, paid the account in full, and they faxed over a receipt to my lender.  I was surpised a week later when credit karma updated and showed this as a REMOVED COLLECTION.  I pulled one of my reports again on myfico, and sure enough, it has been deleted from my report!!!  Yay!  

well done Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

The date of original deliquency cannot change. They cannot re-age it even though it can re-appear on your reports as "new". Look at the dates. It should still show the same old date. They were just re-added back to your report.

Message 22 of 30
ewrcjt
Valued Member

I also had online collections reporting a utility bill on all 3 cb. I called online collections and asked if paid would they notify the CB to delete. I got a flat out "NO" we don't do that. I paid anyway. This was in April '15. After cb' updated as paid, I contacted the cb' to delete negative TL. They of course said it was reporting correctly; however, 1 by 1 the cb' started deleting the account. As of about 2 weeks ago, OL has been deleted from all 3 cb'. BTW, this account was scheduled to be removed in 2018. Hope this helps.
Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be careful not  wake these old accounts as the SOL inyour state my still be in efeffected the CAt's may sue for Judgment.  You should never PFD before your State SOL is up.

Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRA's may be calling these collection's New Accounts simply because the debt was sold to another CA and its new to them. Regardless of the CA's status, your account DOFD is what they  are bound to set their clock's by. New simply means that your account was refreshed and is reported up to that date with a new CA.

Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

great job! congratulations!! after seeking more advice, I've decided to do a PFD.  It's not worth opening a can of worms for me to do a DV.  Here's hoping they are willing to work with me! Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck with the PFDs, they didn't respond to one of mine.  The other they responded enclosing the final bill from the OC.  They placed a dispute on my report for both though, so I know they got the PFD for the other one.  If you have the money, I suggest you just call and pay.  They deleted BOTH after they were, without my asking, so I can't see why they wouldn't do it for you.  I didn't even ask!!  

Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

i would call them and ask them to remove them. if they was removed they cant repost with a new date 

Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

will do! working on my debt smallest to largest, so this will be one of the first to go.  

Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

i decided to file a dispute on my credit bureau for this and a few other items that I've never received any notification on.  I was successful in having Online Collections removed from my Experian report!  I won't know about the other bureaus for about a week.  I'm hoping it's just removed across the board.  Thankful this one sore spot is gone off my credit report! Smiley Very Happy

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.