Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old collections

tag
kraig
Established Member

Old collections

I was scanning my report yesterday and noticed that I have two old collections from 2003. I paid these off back then, not knowing about PFDs. Should I try and send a GW to the collection agencies to have these removed or is it not even going to help my score anyhow?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Old collections

Yes you can GW    yes collections even if paid hurt BAD!   another forum member even send a DV to a CA........I guess they lost all info  because they deleted from CRAs
Message 2 of 6
kraig
Established Member

The only problem is the collection agency is listed as a bunch of funny numbers and letters all jumbled together. I need a name in order to send a GW letter. I should have saved the old statements but this was 5 years ago.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If 'coded' probably medical --- pull directly from the CRAs to get full info
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I to have had a medical collection (paid off) in 2004 in another state and would like, no need to have it removed . I have tried to dispute it on my credit report to no avail. Help? By the way what is "GW"
Message 5 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

GW = Goodwill

There's an abbreviations list stickied up above, as well as Frequently Requested Threads that has two separate threads about GW.

Also, if you haven't already, please read Credit Scoring 101, or at least the initial post.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.