Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old credit cards not showing up on Transunion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old credit cards not showing up on Transunion

Hi All,

I tried searching for an answer in the forums but couldn't.

Any help much appreciated:

Equifax and Experian are showing 2 old credit cards I had when in my 20's, a Visa from Chase and a JC pennys. They were both closed voluntarily by me.
By showing these cards, my credit history is showing up as 20+ years on Equifax and Experian. However, with TransUnion, my credit history is only at 1.5 years which is when I got 2 new credit cards which I use regularly. So there is a big discrepancy and certainly, it's effecting my TransUnion score as it is 30 points lower than Experian and Equifax.

Can any of you tell me how I can inform TransUnion of these old accounts? I'd imagine I would have to contact Chase and JC Pennys for my old account numbers to refer back to.

What do you suggest? have any of you had any luck with this type of situation?

Thank you in advance

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Old credit cards not showing up on Transunion

The CRAs have an internal housekeeping policy, not based on any statute or regulation, of deleting old accounts after they have been closed for approximately 10 years.  the ten year number is arbitrary, and it can occur earlier or later.

There is no question that such deletions can affect a consumer's oldest account and/or their average age of accounts.

However, that is not a factor that is taken into consideration by the CRAs. 

They delete for theri benefit, and dont consider the score impact on consumers.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Old credit cards not showing up on Transunion

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your reply.

So basically, nothing can be done. Oh well....  *Sigh

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.