Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old debt fall off date with dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old debt fall off date with dispute

I wasn't able to find anything on a search for this - I have an old debt in the amount of $500 which should fall off in June 16' but my CR description shows "Account information disputed by consumer" from a recent DV letter that was sent a few months back. My question is, will the account still fall off my CR if it's shown as being disputed?

Reason I am asking is because I was thinking of applying for a new car loan next summer and debating on whether or not I should take care of this balance since the amount is pretty small. I would just hate to take care of this balance now, not be able to get an agreed PFD, and have the item remain on my CR for another 7 years from date of last activity.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Old debt fall off date with dispute

No, the fall off date should NEVER change under any circumstances.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! 

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

Additionally, filing of a DV should not be listed in your credit report as a dispute.

A DV request is a debt collection practices issue under the FDCPA, not a credit reporting issue under the FCRA.

Pending disputes recorded in your credit file relate only to disputes under either the FCRA or FCBA.

I bet  the debt collector is Midland.....?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.