Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old inquiries not dropping off

tag
Tischer712
Regular Contributor

Old inquiries not dropping off

A few years ago I shopped around for a new cell phone plan. Had an inquiry from each. I just realized all of those are now 2 years and 2 months old, but have not dropped off. Who do i contact about those?

Starting Score: myFico Scores Equifax 544 Transunion 585
Current Score: myFico Scores Equifax 655 Transunion 663 Experian 645
Goal Score: 700 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Old inquiries not dropping off

@Tischer712 wrote:

A few years ago I shopped around for a new cell phone plan. Had an inquiry from each. I just realized all of those are now 2 years and 2 months old, but have not dropped off. Who do i contact about those?

I wouldn't worry about it ~ they should be dropping off soon.   Inquiries usually drop from your report at the 2 year mark but can linger sometimes.   There actually isn't any mandate to do this, but it is just a convention that the 3 CRAs follow.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 6
Tischer712
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the quick response!

Message 3 of 6
Tischer712
Regular Contributor

Instead of starting a new thread, does anyone know a good approach for GW and PFD to a Credit union. Its called Suncoast Schools Federal Credit Union. They tell me they won't delete, but I bluffed and told them a friend had them delete an old account. They said if I gave them a name they would varify they did, and then help me. Obviously I don't have a friend that did that. I am trying so hard to have it removed, and they will not budge. It was a 60 day late from 2007, and I have a voluntary repossession from 6 years and 3 months ago with them, but the REPO is keeping me from getting financed for everything. Do you think it would be a bad choice to get a small loan to pay the 4k on the repo IF they do a PFD?

Message 4 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

What was the DOFD of the REPO account ? It sounds like it will be dropping off your reports next year. And I think that your odds of GW success are lower when the accounts are unpaid. If you can work out a PFD agreement then it might be worthwhile.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 6
Tischer712
Regular Contributor

I forget the day, but they fall off towards the end of next year. One of the main reasons that I got denied for my mortgage was it. I was 60 days late on a small loan with them, and then had the reposession with them on my car. All in the same month. I paid off the small debt but it shows a 60 day late. As for the repo, it shows I owe around 4k and it reports as late EVERY month. So one of my big negative factors is it is still reporting as 120+ days late every month. The lender said that is the biggest issue. With it reporting 120+ days late every month it is destroying my credit.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.