Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old judgement just popped up on my CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old judgement just popped up on my CR

Ugh Smiley Sad I've been working hard since the first of the year to clean up my credit. I've gotten a couple erroneous entries removed, have new secured cards with Discover, Citibank, and BOA that I'm using responsibly, and am campaigning for PFD's for my last two baddies. My scores-until this morning-were Eq 602, TU 597, Ex 587. I woke up to alerts saying a judgement that was paid off in Nov 16 was just added to my TU reports resulting in 20 pt drops in scores. So bummed. I guess I'm back to the drawing board, hope I can find an error with reporting so I can get it removed. I'm really feeling like this was a giant step backwards. Anyone else have these kind of potholes in their recovery process?
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Old judgement just popped up on my CR

Not sure if this helps but I wanted to share with you that it took close to 4yrs to get my credit cleaned up to the point that it is and it is still not 100% clean. Early on I took two steps forward and 3 steps back also but continued to grind and still grinding. Don't loose your momentum...credit rebuilding is a crazy game of endurance...endurance that you have already proven to yourself that you have. Followup on this and do what you need to do. It will def workout if you out if you do the work...good luck and keep grinding..Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I appreciate the encouragement! I do need to keep reminding myself that I'm in this for the long haul. I'm just feeling a bit deflated today, but know even with this hiccup I'm still doing well and have made many positive changes in my finances.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep up the good work and keep us posted. Everything you contribute to this forum helps someone else...thanks!!

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh no. I was so wrapped up in this new appearance on my CR that I didn't think about the Navy Fed app input in last week. They haven't done a HP yet. Should I just let the app go through and see what happens or call and ask them to cancel it and wait until I've got things cleared up more?
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh no. I was so wrapped up in this new appearance on my CR that I didn't think about the Navy Fed app input in last week. They haven't done a HP yet. Should I just let the app go through and see what happens or call and ask them to cancel it and wait until I've got things cleared up more?

Call and cancel before they pull. See if you can get the judgement removed from LexisNexis since it is satisfied.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll call NFCU 1st thing in the morning. I've not heard of having things removed from LexisNexis. Is it the process as the CRA's?
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'll call NFCU 1st thing in the morning. I've not heard of having things removed from LexisNexis. Is it the process as the CRA's?

https://personalreports.lexisnexis.com/dispute.jsp

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sooo...update.  I was able to discover that this judgement was from and account being collected by the notorius LVNV......who is still reporting as a balance fully owed on my CR's!  I didn't realize that these were related.  Now what?  Is them still reporting the balance fully due when it was paid off in December of 2016 grounds for removal?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.