Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old judgement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old judgement

I am new to the forum but have been lurking a few months -- you all have already helped a lot! 

I have an old judgement from 2012, that was satisfied in 2013 but a satisfaction of judgement was never filed.  I filed a copy now with the clerk of courts, do I need to do anything to have the credit bureaus updated?  Do I even want to update on there, will it being updated make it look like a recent debt?  I'm hoping to apply for a mortgage in the next couple of months, and knew I needed the proof of satisfaction filed to do so but don't want to hurt my score.

Thanks for any advice!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Old judgement

Hi ashes_lulu and Welcome to the forums,

a judgement is a huge hit to a credit score. Look into getting it vacated.  Check with the same court which granted the judgment . Ask the court clerk on "how to file a motion to vacate a judgment". Sometimes the court clerk will have the forums to fill out. Also some courts will have this info on their web site. 

good Luck to you

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.