Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old late

tag
pkenn
Regular Contributor

Old late

I have an old auto loan from hsbc from 2006. ( account paid off and closed 2009). Should i dispute late or try and get it off or will it maybe make my score drop in some way?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Old late

How severe is the late? What date is that late?

Message 2 of 6
pkenn
Regular Contributor

It was about 6-8 lates, one 60 days in 2006
Message 3 of 6
azguy13
Senior Contributor

If it is legit, you should not dispute it. You can GW them and try to get it removed that way though. At least 7 years isnt too far away at all. I would assume at the latest it hits 7 years in Dec.

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would leave them allone.

They will each become excluded after 7 years from their indiviudal dates of occurence.

Even if you have a legitimate basis for disputing their accuracy, by the time you go through the dispute process, they most likely will be gone on their own.

Meanwhile, you will have a pending dispute flag which will remove certain OC account info from your scoring, thus making your score kinda useless in the interim.

Message 5 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I agree that it's probably not worth doing anything ~ if the worst is a 60 day late from 2006, then it will be dropped from your report very soon anytime.   Also, most of the FICO score hit has probably already be recouped.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.