Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old medical bill

tag
fightinback
Established Member

Old medical bill

Over a year ago I had a $108 unpaid medical bill sent to collections.  As soon as I realized it, I paid it in full.  Since I have been trying to raise my credit score I contacted

the attorney who was the CA and he agreed to delete it with no questions asked.   He told me it would take 30 days.  After 90 days when I pulled my credit report and it was still on it, I contacted him again.  He swears he has done everything he can to delete it from my credit report and suggested I dispute it.  I have never disputed anything on my CR.  Does anyone have any advice?  When I pull MYfico report there is a phone number listed for questions or concerns about entries.  Should I call this number?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Old medical bill

Have you pulled your report directly from the CRA?  The ones you get here may not be as detailed and accurate.

I would find that out before you contact them again.  Just so you don't tick them off.

If you find it is still on there, ask the attorney how they update with the CRAs.  If they use some type of tape media and that isn't getting updated, every time they send it to the CRA the information will be put back on your CR.

Message 2 of 4
fightinback
Established Member

Please be patient with me (I'm kinda new at this) ... sorry but did you say pull my CR from the CA?  The attorney (CA) states very clearly that he deleted the account, yet it still shows up,. 

Message 3 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@fightinback wrote:

Please be patient with me (I'm kinda new at this) ... sorry but did you say pull my CR from the CA?  The attorney (CA) states very clearly that he deleted the account, yet it still shows up,. 

I believe what guiness meant was to pull a free report either from annualcreditreport.com or directly from the CRA (Credit Reporting Agency). The reason for this is that these full reports usually have more information in them than reports from third party sites including myFICO.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.