Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old old collections....

tag
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

Old old collections....

My mother in law has two collections from 02' and 06'...they don't send anything in the mail. They are both dropping off in September and Feb of '13. I tried to pull a FICO for her but she doesn't have enough credit to generate one. Anyone have any suggestions? My maj concern is that because she is on SS benefits it can somehow interrupt them or the collections can go back on her report after they drop off.....any advice?

Starting Score: TU 660 EQ 623 EX 644
Current Score: TU 670 EQ 683 EX ???
Goal Score: 700 on all 3

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Old old collections....

Collection exclusion from credit reports is not based on any dates reported on actions by the debt collector.  It is based solely on one date-certain.... the DOFD on the OC account.   That is fixed in stone once a collection is reported.  After 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD, it is barred from CR inclusion.

She needs six months of active credit to obtain a FICO score.  Perhaps a secured CC would be the easiest way to get an active account.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.