cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old paid collection reported for the first time today!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old paid collection reported for the first time today!

Revenue cycle solutions

I had received some collection letters from them within the past week or two.  These letters were for accounts that had fallen off my reports in January of this year.

I filed them in a folder so I can write FOAD letters for them.  They are still sitting in that file right now.

I have worked very hard and paid allot of money to fix my credit reports. Experian was finaly reporting ZERO negatives, no collections, chargeoffs, paid or otherwise. eq and tu still had two old paid collections sitting there and I have been thinking of how to get rid of them or just letting those fall off within the next year or so.

This "new" collection really shocked me as I was on my way (I think already in with ex)  to the 700+ club Smiley Sad

This particular collection account was really not my fault, well kind of. It was fraud on my Wells Fargo checking account back in 2007. Some thieves stole from the account, they posted withdrawals over and over, the account incurred a lot of overdraft fees. I didn't want to pay for someone else that was stealing from me. So I would try to speak with Wells Fargo about it, and they continued to give me the run around. I had four babies under the age of 3 at home and things were very busy. I ended up just letting it go. (my credit was in the toilet at the time anyway) I checked chex earlier this year to find this account listed, I called RCS, who repported it to chex, and paid at a discount. (settled the account in full) now on chex it shows it has been settled.  

So, today, I did my daily morning credit check from USAA and this account has been reported on EX and TU so far!! Could it be rcs knowing the others are WAY past sol so they are brining this old one up just to mess with me? Why would they insert an old collection that has been settled?

If this were you, what steps would you make to try to clear this account, if possible. Should I dispute with the CA or CRA? Should I send FOAD letters for the other accounts and include this one since I live in Utah and our sol date for these accounts are like about 4 years. Since this happened in 2006-2007 then it has been four years. 

Please help with advise on what to do,  what steps to take, if any on this account. I have goals to buy a house at the end of this year and have been working very hard to clear my credit this far.

Here is a snap shot of what was reported today :/

Thanks for your time

REVENUE CYCLE SOLUTION

Potentially Negative Closed

708-409-6000
3 WESTBROOK CORPORATE CT
WESTCHESTER, IL 60154
 Experian®Equifax®TransUnion®

Account NameREVENUE CYCLE SOLUTIONNo Data Returned
For This Bureau
REVENUE CYCL
Account #XXXXXXXX
Account TypeCollection Department / Agency / AttorneyCollection Account
Balance $0.00
Date Opened10/1/200910/9/2009

Account StatusClosed Closed
Mo. Payment  
Past Due  
Payment StatusPaid, was a collection account, insurance claim or government claim or was terminated for defaultPayment after charge off / collection
High Balance  
Limit  
Terms1 Month 
Comments Paid collection
sorry, i don't know how to post a picture, so i tried to copy and paste, and this is what happened......
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Old paid collection reported for the first time today!

So you said that you paid the collection before it was reported, or after you saw the reporting?  If the former, I've never seen a CA report a CO for the first time after it was paid.  If that's the case you could try dispute saying the account was "previouly paid".  And if you paid it after it was listed, GW the CA emphasizing that you took care of it as soon as you found out about it.

That happened to me a while back with CMRE Solutions.  Back then I thought that I could just pull my CRs and dispute everything negative, accurate or not.  CMRE was one that actually got deleted without being paid.  Four months later it came back.  I paid it right away over the phone(not a good way to pay) and Rep said it would come off of my reports in a week, I think for taking care of it right away after the reporting.  Sometimes that can help.  Hang in there.

Congrats on your progress so far, that's a significant change in your scores from where you started!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Old paid collection reported for the first time today!

Thanks, I did pay it before it reported this morning to exp, I think it was paid about late last year or early this year. It was reporting to the other two (tu & eq) but not on exp. They said they would delete (over the phone) when I paid, but it never got deleted so I have been disputing it a few times with the other two cra and I have sent them about 2 gw letters.

so what happened was I checked the official exp report today, disputed it on there, but also saw that this was a medical bill, not at all the wells fargo one I originally thought it was. Like I said, exp is my best report, had no negatives, and then this morning, this account showed up. (bummer) 

I'm thinking that they reported it on exp (even though it's paid and done with) because they were tired of hearing from me about it. Sort of something out of spite?

I'm sure the dispute I filed today with exp. Won't do any good, but it was worth a try.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.