Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old paypal debt sold to ER solutions.

tag
dekelley1
Regular Contributor

Old paypal debt sold to ER solutions.

I got a letter in the mail from ERsolutions stating I had a -$200 balance from Paypal.  I initially thought it was fraud cause I haven't use paypal for almost 9yrs.  I then contacted Paypal, come to find out it was from payments I was making for a motorcycle.  The last payment was paid to the seller, but didn't clear my bank for some reason.  I have since closed that account, but was never notified of anything, I thought all was well.  

The lady on the line said they have control of what ERsolutions does with my debt.  She said they won't report it on my credit report.  I could pay the full amount and it will never show up.  Have any of you dealt with a paypal dept that was sold to a Collection company?

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: Lender pullEQ 667, TU04 698 TU98 644, EX 660
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beautifull
New Contributor

Re: Old paypal debt sold to ER solutions.

dekelley1,

Just like you I was surprised by a paypal debt. I couldn't remember ever having an account but as I thought about it it finally clicked that there was a possibility that I had some debt with them.  My dilemma was that it was not showing on my credit report and I wanted to keep it that way.

I spoke with the actual manager, and in fact I was able to keep it from ever appearing on my credit report by paying it off.  I would call them and pay it off, if it isn't on your CR already, if it is I would ask or send a letter for PFD.  They were extremely professional and did exactly as they said they would.

Beautifull

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: 3/14/2010 EQ 647 TU 637

Message 2 of 3
dekelley1
Regular Contributor

Re: Old paypal debt sold to ER solutions.

No it has not showed up on my credit report as of yet I guess I should call and pay today.  I just wanted to hear from someone else first.  Thank you very much.  

By the way what is PFD?

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: Lender pullEQ 667, TU04 698 TU98 644, EX 660

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.