cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old settled collection debt just posted on CR - what now?

tag
ceecster
Valued Member

Old settled collection debt just posted on CR - what now?

If this topic is covered elsewhere, I apologize in advance - I am a newbie and still learning the site.  I had a small medical debt of $97 go to collections back in 2007.  I paid it in 2008.  In August 2013, CA started reporting the debt - shows paid, with $0 balance. Fortunately, it's only with one CA so far.  My first question is - why would this be reported now - after all this time? More importantly, I've requested removal and all the CA did was update the entry and add the original creditor in the comments section.  I've been working 2 years cleaning up my CR and this is frustrating to say the least.  Any advice would be welcome.  Thank you.

Starting Score: 558
Current Score: 676
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Old settled collection debt just posted on CR - what now?

Why they do it is normally to get you to pay.  Since it was paid there was really no reason for them to do so other than they can.  Any collection can be reported before the CRTP is up.

I would send them GWs asking them to remove it.  Again and again if you need to.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.