cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old unpaid medical debt - DV/PFD or HIPAA?

tag
electra
Established Contributor

Old unpaid medical debt - DV/PFD or HIPAA?

Hey Folks,

Looking for some advice on which way to proceed.   I have an old medical debt of $100 which is reporting on all 3 credit reports under 2 different CA names.  It seems after some research that they are the same company which has a reputation for being difficult to deal with.  On TU and EX they report under "Central Financial Control" and on EQ they report as "Syndicated Office Systems".  Totally different addresses, different states but same OC.     The DOFD is 8/2008 and I am in CA so it is beyond SOL.    I'm happy to PIF but want it off the reports.   HIPAA seems like a very long process and my goal is to get these off ASAP but I'd rather take the long road if that is what will get it of the CR.  

WWYD?  Anyone have experience with this (these) company?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Re: Old unpaid medical debt - DV/PFD or HIPAA?

No experience with this company but is the OC and a CA reporting or just the OC

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 2 of 7
electra
Established Contributor

The OC is not reporting, only the CA under 2 different names.  

Message 3 of 7
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Call the CA or email do not admit to debt but offer pfd when you have PFD in hand then pay.  Remind them it is in there best interest to PFD as its out of SOL

Message 4 of 7
electra
Established Contributor

Thanks!! OK, going to try PFD, crossing fingers!!

Message 5 of 7
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Good luck 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never ever ever send this company a GW letter. EVER. I had paid a collection off for less than the full balance, which reflected on my CRs of course. So I decided to send a GW letter to see if maybe because I made all my payments on time after I realised I had the debt that maybe they would work with me. WRONG. They now are reporting a 300 dollar debt on my CRs! I havent made a payment in well over two years, so it had to of been the GW letter that somehow enraged them. So very frustraing. Central Financial Control is literally the most difficult CA to deal with. Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.