Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On The Cusp of Getting Back on Track

tag
chaimanmau
Valued Member

Re: On The Cusp of Getting Back on Track

@rootpooty wrote:

Op I wouldnt recommend applying with a lender especially if you have burned them in the past.  BOA and Chase blacklist.  If you dont agree with what you see on your reports send a DV to the address listed on your report.  If they validate and you agree send them a PFD offer.  If you agree with what is being reported then send a PFD offer.  Its not the end of the world if they respond to your PFD offer with we will update the status to paid in full but we cannot delete.  You can always pay it then get it deleted via GW.

I wouldnt suggest disputing the accounts with the CRA's either especially on the accounts that were charged off.  The OC could easily add more bad stuff other than what is reported IE lates etc.

Got it.  Very helpful.  Thank you for not beating around the bush.  I am looking to request a PFD for most of the accounts but do want to send DV's first to verify amounts.  

The lates have already been reported on these accounts.. the CRTP for Cap and BofA falls off next year hence I will probably just be waiting on those.  

Yeah, these CRAs and OC's don't really have a sense of humor when it comes to these matters.  All I know is I messed up and I am looking to rectify it.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

My wallet is thin but I have other stuff in my pants

Message 11 of 18
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Also just because the bofa account may fall off the reports next year doesnt mean its still not in bofa's system.  Its your decision whether you want back in with bofa or not.

Same thing with chase

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 12 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, I wouldn't dispute if accurate. I would DV each CA though. That'll help with establishing the correct balance owed. I would PFD each and GW the Chase and HSBC TLs since they are reporting as paid.

BTW, copying and pasting is OK, but please omit your account numbers. 12 of your 16 CC digits were posted for each CC baddie.

Message 13 of 18
chaimanmau
Valued Member

@rootpooty wrote:

Also just because the bofa account may fall off the reports next year doesnt mean its still not in bofa's system.  Its your decision whether you want back in with bofa or not.

Same thing with chase

Right.  Maybe I will rebuild the bridge I have burned.

Thanks again!

Message 14 of 18
chaimanmau
Valued Member

@llecs wrote:

OP, I wouldn't dispute if accurate. I would DV each CA though. That'll help with establishing the correct balance owed. I would PFD each and GW the Chase and HSBC TLs since they are reporting as paid.

BTW, copying and pasting is OK, but please omit your account numbers. 12 of your 16 CC digits were posted for each CC baddie.

Sorry.. I got lazy.  Won't happen again!

So I can GW the Chase and HSBC even if they weren't paid?  I was under the assumption that GW's could only be sent out once the debt is paid.  

Now to find some good DV letters to make my own.  Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

In the eyes of Chase and HSBC they were paid, even though you didn't pay it. GWs can go to these two OCs. If you send DVs to CAs, I recommend keeping it simple. I've sent the letters in here before, the ones that list everything out but aren't legally required. My best success came with simple letters like "Under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, please send me validation of this debt.".

Message 16 of 18
chaimanmau
Valued Member

@llecs wrote:

In the eyes of Chase and HSBC they were paid, even though you didn't pay it. GWs can go to these two OCs. If you send DVs to CAs, I recommend keeping it simple. I've sent the letters in here before, the ones that list everything out but aren't legally required. My best success came with simple letters like "Under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, please send me validation of this debt.".

Perfect.  And it's advisable to send these CMRRR?  I have read some success stories from people sending it via email as well.

Message 17 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Never send a GW via CMRRR. It'll appear as stand-offish plus you'll be wasting money since most of your GWs will go unanswered. You can certainly e-mail, call, write, fax, smoke-signal a GW.

IMO, PFDs are GWs for unpaid debts. I would not suggest sending PFDs via CMRRR. Again, most will go unanswered and you'll be wasting $$$$. Because it involves a written agreement, I recommend writing, faxing, or e-mailing the PFD.

I've sent all of my DVs via CMRRR. Nearly all of my DVs were sent beyond my 30 days so a CMRR was legally unimportant, but I always wanted to know whether or not I received it. I would not send it via the phone or fax. E-mail is iffy. With e-mail, the message goes to one person and that one person won't share it. With a letter, it can get shuffled around which can work in your favor.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.