cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On a mission to rebuild - Would appreciate any tips / pointers ! Thanks !

tag
nikkisparks
Established Member

On a mission to rebuild - Would appreciate any tips / pointers ! Thanks !

Hello fellow rebuilders - I have been quietly lurking for about 6 months and finally built up enough courage to start the rebuild journey. I would really like to get back to NOT being embarrassed when applying for something on credit :-/  - This board is amazing, Ive learned so much and already managed to bump my score from 473 to 541 just by clearing up incorrect items on my credit report - Now, Im in a situation where everything else reporting is correct, I know I owe, but Im not sure what account to start with and which account is having the most impact - any advise or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated ! 

First the good: 

1st process Secured credit card - $300 limit/$44 balance  - opened 3/2014

Credit One - $0 balance / Closed -Transferred Account

Now, The bad :

Veros Credit- Repo $3637- Removal Date 09/2018

Academy Bank - Installment/Charge off $367 - Removal Date 02/2017

Alliance One - Collection $1306 (ticket) - Removal Date 03/2015  ( I have 2 of these )

Caine & Weiner - Collection $845 - Removal Date 04/2018

Calif. Business Bureau - Collection $524 (medical) - Removal Date 11/2016

Credit Control Corp- Collection $1116 (cable bill) -Removal Date 04/2018

Credit Control Corp- Collection $213 (cable bill) -Removal Date 04/2018

Enhanced Recovery - Collection $133 - Removal Date 04/2018

Midland Funding - Collection $1280- Removal Date 06/2018

RjM Acquisitions - Collection $530 -Removal Date 08/2016

I need to move in the next 2-3 months and would really love to get my scores up alittle before I have to that credit check- terrified. Also, should I get another secured card to establish additional positive history? 

Thanks in advance for any help !

Current Scores : Equifax 542/Experian 541 /Transunion 584

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

Re: On a mission to rebuild - Would appreciate any tips / pointers ! Thanks !

I'm still early on my credit repair journey too but I think your first step would be to send PFD letters to each of the places you owe money too.  It looks like most of them are CAs (& a couple I recognize as being difficult to deal with), but it can't hurt to at least start off by seeing if any of them will delete for a partial payment.  Having a few of these drop off if you're able to partially pay them would most likely help your score some. 

I would think at least one more secured card (or, even a store card) would also help.

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 2 of 5
polno1234
Contributor

removing anyone of these accounts will likely not net a score increase. even removing them all could bump or drop your score depending on your profile.especially given the timeframe you stated. same with another secured card to short of a timeframe.

with that said i would attack thusly

for all that are not loans or cc related call the oc and see if they still own the debt, will pull it back, and do a pfd.

cc and loan debts send pfd's to the ca's and see what happens. it is likely to take awhile to get answers from some of the ca's you listed and likely some will not do it at all. 

the ones who will great, the ones who wont, pay them and start gw'ing them. check your states sol it looks like these are pretty new.  the larger the debt the more likely a suit will be pressed. payment plans could be an option with some of the ca's aswell. none have a greater impact than the other ones in terms of scores except for the age of them. the older the debt the less impact. your biggest score increase right now is going to come from ontime payments on secured card.

to your last statement you dont have to get your report pulled to rent. find a rental agency in your city and go from there. i had 900sqft house with one car garage yard maint included no credit check for 425 a month. i never paid on time either. much easier to deal with a good landlord than a 400 unit apartment complex desk jockey imho.

Current MERRICK SECURED-$200 EMBLEM MC-$250 EXPRESS NEXT-$350
In the garden till 10/9/14
Fico 8 start 02/15/13 488
Current TU Fico 8 641, EX 734 EQ 740
Goal 650 by 02/15/15
Message 3 of 5
nikkisparks
Established Member

Thank you for the advice! I think I will start with the newest accounts and work backwards. .im going to call Midland today and see how it goes. . Either way I need to get everything paid but I'm hoping for nice phone agents and 11 agreements for Pfd lol. .. I'm hoping I can pull my score up to at least 600..
Message 4 of 5
nikkisparks
Established Member

Does anyone have a backdoor or email contact for Midland funding or Credit Control Corp they can PM me ? Also, Ive noticed by paying collection account, it could actually decrease your credit score - Should I start with the accounts that are regularly reporting or just the newest in general ?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.