Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On my CR twice

tag
cracksmeup
Regular Contributor

On my CR twice

I contacted NCO Financial yesterday about a collection for $1390 from a Capital One account with a $300 CL from 2005. They told me they sold the account to another company something Recon and gave me a contact #. I do see that name on my CR for a lesser amount however the NCO account is still reporting as a $1390 balance. The representative from NCO told me that they sent the info, that the Account was sold, to the Credit Bureaus in September. I checked my report on 2/7 and it's still there. Where do I go from here?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus
Moved:

Re: On my CR twice

Split post to form a new thread within Rebuilding Your Credit

Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: On my CR twice

@cracksmeup wrote:
I contacted NCO Financial yesterday about a collection for $1390 from a Capital One account with a $300 CL from 2005. They told me they sold the account to another company something Recon and gave me a contact #. I do see that name on my CR for a lesser amount however the NCO account is still reporting as a $1390 balance. The representative from NCO told me that they sent the info, that the Account was sold, to the Credit Bureaus in September. I checked my report on 2/7 and it's still there. Where do I go from here?

IMO, two CAs can't report twice for the same debt. It's customary the first would delete. Just in case it could be two different debts, I would DV both CAs. It it does come back that it is the same debt, then I'd dispute as duplicate with the CRAs and I'd enclose a copy of what each gave you. What would be unsettling in my ming is that the new CA is reporting a letter amount. That wouldn't make sense if it was the same debt. It would make sense if NCO was misreporting, but a DV would accomplish quite a bit for you. Mention in the DV that it is reporting.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.