Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On my way or not a Chance?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: On my way or not a Chance?

While I really can't answer about anyone bragging about anything after bankruptcy here as I've never seen that, I'd imagine that not everyone has a "lesson" to learn from bankruptcy. Sometimes life happens and it becomes the only option. Perhaps, they are just excited to rebound.

You might be able to try a goodwill letter to GMC for removal of the late pay if you've been solid with those payments. Late pays will definitely wreck your score, but do lose negative value as they get older. 

A piece of unsolicited advice...don't take anything for granted, especially while rebuilding. Check your accounts frequently, make solid lists of your due dates and balances, and don't let the smallest thing slip by. If your partner doesn't take things as seriously or cannot be responsible (not wanting to assume the reasons here,) you'll have to be doubly diligent. There's some great resources here such as some excellent pre-made spreadsheets and there are some great apps to keep track of things. I'm big fan personally of Mint. All of my accounts are connected and it alerts when a statement cuts or a due date is approaching. Something like that might allow you to keep an eye on things without having to micromanage a partners spend.

All in all, congrats for trying to stay on track. It can be long road!

Message 31 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: On my way or not a Chance? HUGE GAINS in 8 Months

I am Back , and better than ever thanks to my fico family.

New Credit Posture, again coming from no credit and score of 444 just 8 Months ago

New Status...

1. Bank Of America {CC) $3000

2. First Preimer (CC) $300

3. Credit One (CC) $300

4. OPen Sky (CC) $250

5. Total Credit (CC) $250

Retail Cards

1. Express $300

2. The Loft $350

Disputed "Portofolio Recovery Asoc" 22 Days ago

Got mail today , Disputed complete , removing from all 3 agencys.

And to end the Year...wait for it , wait for it.

Applied for a car loan with Toyota Financial , 2016 "new" Prius 3 , with GPS , NAV

you guest it , APPROVED!!! financed $22K

EXP 658

TRAN 651

EQI 664

I will now take th advice of so many , "job well done" no GARDEN , GARDEN and GARDEN. my Goal is 700 by July 2018

Do think I will make it?

Message 32 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: On my way or not a Chance? 4 Negs Deleted in under 30 Days

Update, Fresh round of Successful Disputes that rounds out the baddies on my report. All 4 Neg have been deleted. now just waiting for the point increase and move along with Gardening ....waaaa hooo

>>> We have researched the credit account. Account # − #########147* The results are:
This item has been
deleted from the credit file. If you have additional questions about this item please contact:
Capital One, PO Box
30281, Salt Lake City, UT 84130−0281
>>> We have researched the credit account. Account # − HSBC −_________09* The results are:
This item has
been deleted from the credit file. If you have additional questions about this item please contact:
Portfolio Recovery
Assoc, Riverside Commerce Center, 120 Corporate Blvd Ste 100, Norfolk, VA 23502−4962
>>> We have researched the credit account. Account # − %%%%%%%%94* The results are:
This item has been
deleted from the credit file. If you have additional questions about this item please contact:
Fingerhut/Webbank, 6250
Ridgewood Rd, Saint Cloud, MN 56303−0820 Phone: (866) 734−0342

Message 33 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Impressive work! I did not see mention of the dreaded buckets in this thread. Around your scores, I hit a lull for some months where my scores didn't really move despite collections and charged off credit cards dripping off. Transunion is still stagnant but supposedly they've removed my last two collections and it won't reflect till all disputes are resolved. I have no collections on experian now and my score jumped 20 points when the last fell off. Equifax jumped 33 points for basically the same, at least for fico 8. So if you do find you are in a slump, you could be waiting for one event to rebucket.
Message 34 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I am in a slump. as of latelty scores have just gone up a few points here and there.

However I am in that stage were all disputes anre now completed and just wating for the dreaded update, up or down.

Again , I have bottom feeder CC cards, Around 2019 I would like to have at least one CC with 20K balance.

that would be a great day ,  for now Im stuck with First P , and a few stores Cards.

Message 35 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think I am in a slump. as of latelty scores have just gone up a few points here and there.

However I am in that stage were all disputes anre now completed and just wating for the dreaded update, up or down.

Again , I have bottom feeder CC cards, Around 2019 I would like to have at least one CC with 20K balance.

that would be a great day ,  for now Im stuck with First P , and a few stores Cards.

Why have you not apped for Capital One as I suggested months ago?? They are far preferrable to those bottom feeder cards.... Those really can be avoided during rebuild by simply opening 2-3 secured cards with some decent credit unions like SDFCU, NASAFCU, DCU, NFCU, etc. Combined with a couple of Capital One cards, they will build your scores just as fast as those unsecured bottom feeder cards. As fast as you scores have risen, if you had apped back in April/May you could have a $10K+ unsecured Cap One line by May/2017... Instead, you're playing around with these junk cards that you really have already far surpassed...

Message 36 of 50
MugenCivicSi83
Frequent Contributor

You can app for a Capital One card with that many derogs? Why was I not told to app for a cap1 when I have 2 small collections $47 and $111 that are PIF'd but only one is showing and only one 30 day late...

FICO 8 Scores: EX 706 (11/3/2016) EQ 696 (11/17/16) TU 708 (11/17/2016)

"Use your Credit wisely, don't let it use you!"~Me Smiley Very Happy

Message 37 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MugenCivicSi83 wrote:

You can app for a Capital One card with that many derogs? Why was I not told to app for a cap1 when I have 2 small collections $47 and $111 that are PIF'd but only one is showing and only one 30 day late...

Heck, yeah you can! Cap One is known for approving folks with problematic profiles. Get thee to the app page! Try their prequal page just for the heck of it, but app regardless of whether it shows you anything or not. Apply for their standard Platinum card first, its no annual fee and super easy to qualify for.

Message 38 of 50
MugenCivicSi83
Frequent Contributor

I went on the Discover prequal and was prequal'd for the DISCOVER IT card too... is that another good card to app for even with small derogs? my util is at 37% now but will go down to under 15% end of this month and the derogs may fall off by then too, just want to save my apps for cards that will benefit me with no FTF's as i'll be living in Switzerland soon.

FICO 8 Scores: EX 706 (11/3/2016) EQ 696 (11/17/16) TU 708 (11/17/2016)

"Use your Credit wisely, don't let it use you!"~Me Smiley Very Happy

Message 39 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MugenCivicSi83 wrote:

I went on the Discover prequal and was prequal'd for the DISCOVER IT card too... is that another good card to app for even with small derogs? my util is at 37% now but will go down to under 15% end of this month and the derogs may fall off by then too, just want to save my apps for cards that will benefit me with no FTF's as i'll be living in Switzerland soon.

The Discover prequal will tell mickey mouse he is prequalled. If it shows a wide potential interest rate, its iffy, but if it give you a solid interest rate then your probably good to go.

Message 40 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.