Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On my way

tag
CSX1466
Valued Member

On my way

Today in the mail I received my first ever CC's. I have a secured capital one MasterCard for 200$ and a I was approved for a Credit One CC 300$. My score is a 588 with no collections just a thin credit profile. I read alot on here about how much to use how much to pay I just want to make sure I do this right . What one do I use and pay and how much and what one do I keep a balance on and when do I pay them. Like I said I'm new to this so any help would be great.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: On my way

Congrats to you!

Since you have 2 cards, use them both but only let one report a 0 balance and the other at 9% or below.  The CCC normally report on or within a few days of the statement date.  Once they report, pay them by the due date to avoid interest charges.

You can rotate which one reports a 0 balance and which reports at 9% or under.

Message 2 of 5
CSX1466
Valued Member

Ok so I use both cards but pay one off completely before the cycle and date and one have only 9 percent or below report at cycle end date. Is that right
Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Find out when your CC reports to the CRAs.  Have one of your cards reporting a 0 balance, and the other at 9% or below.  Once it reports, pay it off before the due date.

You can use it, just make sure it is 0 before the date they report.

Message 4 of 5
CSX1466
Valued Member

One reports on the 11 th of every month and the other reports on the 25 th of every month. So the 300$ card I won't put more than 27$ on it or 9% and hopefully just by adding the cards my score will go up
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.