Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On the path of rebuild - Already improving

tag
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

On the path of rebuild - Already improving

I have had a messed up credit history since 2006. Had 13 collection accounts on my report. Pulled credit score in December 2012 and it was 490 (terible). I had almost 12000 USD of collections in my report. While started working in a good job and got paid a huge bonus, i applied all my bonus in repaying my collections in full. Within Febreuary,2013 i am done paying everything off and now have exact 0.00 USD delinquency. Almost 5 collections account were deleted upon payment. Disputed few and hoping they wont respond and CB will delete them as well.

Now opened a 300 dollars secured credit card and added to my Wife's DISCOVER, AMEX & CITI credit cards of total 9800 credit limit. Of which DISCOVER already reported to Credit Report by backdating all the good pay on time reporting of the card since past one year. Hope others will do the same. 

Just pulled my scores from myFico.com, Equifax.com, freecreditreport.com, transunion.com, Creditkarma.com Here my credit scores stand now:

FICO Equifax : 554  (estimated future score :680 - next 12 months pay on time and paying off credit card balances)

FICO Transunion: 571 (estimated future score : 711 - next 12 months pay on time and paying off credit card balances)

Equifax.com: 560 

freecreditreport.com: 636 (Experian FACO)

Transunion.com: 628 (Vantage Score)

CreditKarma.com: 563

Goal : 700 accross the board by March 2014 when i will be in market for applying for a mortgage along with my Wife's good credit history. Hoping for the best.

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.