cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On the road to recovery -- Looking good so far!

tag
millworx

On the road to recovery -- Looking good so far!

So lets just start out by saying my credit was abysmal. Lots of mistakes made when I was young and dumb. As of 2 months ago my credit scores were. mid 400 range across the board. Tons of collections. I havent had credit in years. 

I've managed to get all 14/14 collections removed from my TU, 7/10 from my EX removed, and 5/8 removed from my EQ. I also finally financed a new car, which sucks as they only report to experian Smiley Sad but I have enough cash to pay that loan off whenever possible, so for the time being I'll probably just pay the ungodly 23.99% interest rate for 6 months just to get the bonus of credit mix/on time payments before paying it off (would this be wise??). I've also opened up a secured CC through Capital one with $1000CL and a $300CL through first progress. Both of which are at about 5% utilization and plan to keep it that way PIF every month. 

As of today myFico says 596EX and 621EQ and TU not enough data (probably because there was only negatives on there and they have all been removed).

Continuing to work on getting the remaining few negatives removed which should help my scores jump. Any other suggestions from the members here on what I can do to help improve my credit? Cheers! - Millworx

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.