Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Once a CA agrees to a PFD...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once a CA agrees to a PFD...

What do I do if a CA renegs on a PFD agreement, and I have the PFD agreement letter in hand?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Once a CA agrees to a PFD...

Send they letter to the CRA...better yet..FAX IT...it would be there faster...did the company notify the CRA for deletion already...I would fax it anyway...that's me...some would say wait 30 days...but if they already put in the request you don't have to...
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

R8RDude wrote:
What do I do if a CA renegs on a PFD agreement, and I have the PFD agreement letter in hand?

How long has it been?

Some will wait until their normal update to remove the account. Sometimes it is the CRA delaying things.

If it hasnt' been very long, then opening a dispute could delay it being removed.

You might try calling them and asking them about it.

You could possibly sue for breach of contract.
Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I would kindly send them a letter with a copy of their letter reminding them of the agreement. Some CAs update monthly, so if within the past month, then I would wait it out a little longer.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, it was a hypothetical question. But before I agree to such an agreement, I would like to know my options.
Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

R8RDude wrote:
Actually, it was a hypothetical question. But before I agree to such an agreement, I would like to know my options.

I had a hunch you were asking that. Not too many people have posted the results, or even what they did, after that next step.

If they don't comply, maybe you could sue. One PFD letter floating out there references that. As Sly mentioned, maybe you'll get lucky with a CRA if you sent a copy to them, though I don't think the CRAs have to do anything. The question posed by the CRAs would be: is the CA posting correctly?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is even a dispute option with the CRA..."creditor agreed to delete"...but if you have that letter...the CRA WILL delete...no question sin my mind...but what I was saying is..if they agree to delete...you ideally want them to put the request in to the CRA ASAP...not on the date they usually report to the CRA....

That letter is the "GOLDEN TICKET"...
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.