cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Once a file is removed from your credit report, how long does it take to adjust your credit score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once a file is removed from your credit report, how long does it take to adjust your credit score?

Will it show up the same time it is removed or could it take longer for the change in score?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Once a file is removed from your credit report, how long does it take to adjust your credit scor

Disputes under the FCRA dont remove "files."  Files remain.

You dispute items of information in your credit file under FCRA 611(a), not credit files.

For example, you could dispute a charge off. If your dispute is successful, it would not remove the OC account from your CR, and thus the preceding multiple account delinquencies that led up to the charge off.

What did you dispute, and how was it resolved?

Each dispute is directed to one piece of information in your file.

Message Edited by RobertEG on 03-08-2010 09:26 PM
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Once a file is removed from your credit report, how long does it take to adjust your credit scor

I paid the 4 accounts off and they deleted it from the credit report. I pulled the report Friday and they are no longer on there but the score has not changed at all.
Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Do you still have other negative information on your report, what is your utilization, were the accounts removed some of your oldest accounts.

Many, many things factor into a FICO score.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 3 accounts in deliquant (one is from 2003 for $900, one is from 2005 for $165, and the other is from 2005 for $550) and 2 in collections (one from 2005 for $50 and the other 02/10 for $350) I am going to pay the 02/10 one in a couple of days but the others I was told don't mess with. As far as the other accounts that are deleted one was from 10/09 and the other 3 were from around 2003-2005. I had to pay all 3 old accounts in order to pay the new one because they bundled it.
Message Edited by mrstallt on 03-09-2010 08:58 AM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.