Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Baddie Left and still working

tag
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

One Baddie Left and still working

I have one baddie left, its a paid off charge off from Feb 2015.  The DoFD is showing  07/2014.  Between 07/2010 and the CO date of 02/2015 the account only shows current 7 times.  This is a revolving CC account.  Schduled to be deleted in 2021.

With the facts in place, I want to delete this or speed up the age off date.  Open to suggestions.

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
3 REPLIES 3
WayUpto850
New Contributor

Re: One Baddie Left and still working

Congrats on getting things down to one "baddie"!!  I too am trying to get some things off my file and my "goto" strategy is as follows:

1. Contact creditor/collection agency and request they show good will and delete the item from my credit file (stop reporting).  Sometimes they agree - sometimes not.

2. File a dispute with Credit Bureas and request the account be investigated.  If the creditor/colection agency does not respond to Credit Bureau; then Credit Bureau will delete the item.  Recently, Collection agency sent a letter to me and credit bureaus informiing us that my "baddie" (a $1490.00 debt) was paid and the account would be closed and the Credit bureaus would be requested to delete the account from my file - WooHoo!!!

3.  If none of the above works, I am not sure what's the next option.  I have heard (from Credit Cleaning Companies) that they repeatedly dispute items on credit reports until it is finally removed - sort of wear down the system....not sure how effective that method is.

Best Wishes!!

"I commit to being grateful for all that I now have in my life."

Pulling up the weeds and gardening until Dec 2017
"I commit to being grateful for all that I now have in my life."

Beginning Apr 2017 FICO 575
Feb 2018 FICO 701
Message 2 of 4
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

GW letters. Don't dispute it. If the creditor validates the account it'll update on your reports and could affect your scores negatively.
Message 3 of 4
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

Credit dipsutes is a joke ad a waste of time.  It doesn't matter how you explain your reasoning, it gets coded into a 2 digit code and sent over.  30 days later you get a report back saying verified.

In my case I dont want to Verify.  I have multiple strings of deliquency.  Durring a 4 year period I only show a current 7 times.  I'm not saying the credit report is showing inaccurate information to asking for a dispute.  I am asking for a good will to consider the first deliquency date from the first string in the series of strings I had.

Its a PAID charge off- and the dates are correct.  If anything they got a 150 day wrong and reported a 120 day. 

I'm looking for what approch to take in the GW.  I beleive it is a fair request.  The account was paid in full, was never sold, and I'm just asking for a little leeway to change the DOFD. 

So any advoice..I know GW is the way to go but now I"m asking for what kind of verbage to use.

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.