cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Credit Card and One Car Loan...Now What?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

One Credit Card and One Car Loan...Now What?

My journey began with a Fico of 521.  After rehabbing my student loans and paying off some collections, I was able to get my scores to: EQ 587 TU 608 EX 621.  That's with a $300 CAP1 QuickSilver One showing and a $15,000 auto loan not yet showing.  And some collections that have been paid that have yet to update.  I'm looking for two more credit cards and a personal loan to payback my larger collections.  I expect to be in the 660 range once everything I have paid updates.  Based on my two new accounts, what CCs do you guys recommend I apply for?  My credit is not new and I have a previous repo from five years ago.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: One Credit Card and One Car Loan...Now What?

Discover secured after one year can become unsecured
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have anything coming up soon that you need good FICO numbers for? You can gain some points with a secured installment loan. You do have a loan with that car but it's at 100% utilization. Adding an installment loan, then paying most of it off immediately will offset your loan utilization numbers.

Message 3 of 5
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

I'll second the Discover secured.  Where do you do your primary banking?  You may want to look into what credit products they offer to see if one fits, sometimes a previous relationship can make all the difference.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP you should check out the information at this link concerning the repo.  It's possible you could get it removed from your reports.  (Mod Cut-Im sorry direct links to that site cannot be posted on myFico-You can advise someone to Google it...)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.