Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Down, 7Billion to go!

tag
Blazesian
New Contributor

One Down, 7Billion to go!

First, I would like to thank you all for your help with my 'weird' situation with Franklin Credit Services and AFNI. I was able to take care of that debt with a settlement (they offered. I was 100% ready to pay the full amount but I was told it was in their system for a lower amount to settle). It is off of my report and will not return.

I am handling my debts from smallest to largest until my income returns.

My next hurrdle is a medical debt with United Revenue Corp for $105.00. 

I have read so many posts regarding HIPPA laws and having it removed but I do not understand. I have even re-read them. 

Does this count when you have NOT paid the debt? Can I not use the same method as previously? Sending a debt validation letter, then PFD?

thank you for your assistance!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: One Down, 7Billion to go!

We cannot go into details on the so called HIPAA Process on this board we can only recommend you contact its creator for help if that is the route you choose. Im going to give you the order in which you should try settling medical collections.

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Blazesian wrote:

First, I would like to thank you all for your help with my 'weird' situation with Franklin Credit Services and AFNI. I was able to take care of that debt with a settlement (they offered. I was 100% ready to pay the full amount but I was told it was in their system for a lower amount to settle). It is off of my report and will not return.

I am handling my debts from smallest to largest until my income returns.

My next hurrdle is a medical debt with United Revenue Corp for $105.00. 

I have read so many posts regarding HIPPA laws and having it removed but I do not understand. I have even re-read them. 

Does this count when you have NOT paid the debt? Can I not use the same method as previously? Sending a debt validation letter, then PFD?

thank you for your assistance!

This subject is not to be discussed on Myfico forums PM me if you have any questions.
Message 3 of 5
Blazesian
New Contributor

Hello,

From what I just read "the subject" is okay to discuss. However, my comment regarding the HIPPA laws is not.

To that, I can understand and will refrain from mentioning in the future.

Thanks
Message 4 of 5
Blazesian
New Contributor

Gdale6,

Thank you! I appreciate the assistance. I will follow the advice given. Thank you again!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.