Did you mean: 

One Down.... A Little Inspiration

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: One Down.... A Little Inspiration

@britishbooklady wrote:

I have to respectfully disagree you, marinevietvet, based on the following:

"On December 23, 1997, the FTC issued the opinion that reporting a debt to a consumer reporting agency, after a written dispute is received and no verification has been provided, is in fact, viewed as a "collection activity" prohibited by § 1692g(b) of the U.S. Code."

Here's the link to all of the FTC Staff Opinion Letters concerning the FDCPA:  http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fdcpa/letters.shtm

I hope this helps.

Opinions carry no weight of law.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 11 of 14
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@britishbooklady wrote:

I have to respectfully disagree you, marinevietvet, based on the following:

"On December 23, 1997, the FTC issued the opinion that reporting a debt to a consumer reporting agency, after a written dispute is received and no verification has been provided, is in fact, viewed as a "collection activity" prohibited by § 1692g(b) of the U.S. Code."

Here's the link to all of the FTC Staff Opinion Letters concerning the FDCPA:  http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fdcpa/letters.shtm

I hope this helps.

Opinions carry no weight of law.

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

This really is a catch 22.

The final determination will be decided by the courts ruling. It can go in favor of either party. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 12 of 14
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@JM-AM wrote:

This really is a catch 22.

The final determination will be decided by the courts ruling. It can go in favor of either party. 

I agree with this but I don't recall anyone posting that all the prior reporting from a CA was removed after a DV letter was sent.

But I could be wrong.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:

Message 13 of 14
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

To OP, I would spend my time on reading/learning the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act) and FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act).

There is a note on the web site of the FTC Staff Opinion Letters concerning the FDCPA.

NOTE:  Except in unusual circumstances, the staff will no longer issue informal written interpretations of the FDCPA. However, the staff may issue informal opinions or revise its Staff Commentary as necessary to provide guidance regarding significant amendments to the FDCPA in the future.

Also notice these Staff Opinion Letters are from April 1988 to May 2002. I would say that some opinions and or interpretations of the FDCPA may have changed.

******************************************************************************************************* 

An ITS letter is Intent To Sue. Are these CA's paid or unpaid?  And are all these debts passed SOL?

Here is some background info about how I did it,repairing my credit and CR's.I had 15 neg's on my CR's, some CO's and some CA's.

I would work on 2-3 at a time, especially the one's within SOL's I had to make sure I had enough money to cover the debt's, in case they decided to take me to court.Sometimes I didnt have a choice on who I paid next, it was made for me 3 times by buffalo and assoc. when they tried to get a judgment.But before the court date, I paid them and they agreed to cancel the court date along with deleting the info from my CR's.

I would suggest do your homework by that I mean read as much as you can, credit repairing/rebuilding does take time.

Mistakes can happen when we dont  do our research or doing things tooo fast.Most of us has made mistakes, me included.lol  

Also, suggest reading this thread if you havent already-- What Steps Do I Take? DV?PFD?....you may use the link below if you wish.

Sorry for talking your ear off....or would that be typing your ear off LOLSmiley Tongue

BTW IMPROVELIFE.....I can tell you have a positive outlook on things, by the user name you have chosen.

A Positive outlook on life is a great thingSmiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.