cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One FICO8 just came in above 760 - I'm home free! Thanks, Elders!

tag
message_from_god
New Contributor

One FICO8 just came in above 760 - I'm home free! Thanks, Elders!

Wow!  I'm super excited and my friends are all like "whatevs" but my TU score just went above 760 for the first time probably in AF (Actually Forever), mainly due to the Elders advising me on this forum.  Came up from like 609 last summer.  I'ma garden this CR now so I'm sure it will improve, but 769 I think is really great for my purposes.  Now just to bring the other two up to that standard (working on it)

You guys really know what you're talking about - yay FICOforum Elders!  <3

Progress FICO8 since summer 2015 Eq 763 (+171) TU 798 (+189) Ex 761 (+259)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: One FICO8 just came in above 760 - I'm home free! Thanks, Elders!

Congratulations! 

It's a great feeling.

What is some advice you have to reach that prestigous 750+ score? I have gotten to 720-730 but never over 750. What was it for you that you think bumped you over?

For me personally I think my biggest hurdle to getting over 730 is my only type of credit I've ever had is credit cards. I have credit cards a plenty but no auto loans, no mortgage, no student loans no other type of credit. 

Message 2 of 4
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations! 

It's a great feeling.

What is some advice you have to reach that prestigous 750+ score? I have gotten to 720-730 but never over 750. What was it for you that you think bumped you over?

For me personally I think my biggest hurdle to getting over 730 is my only type of credit I've ever had is credit cards. I have credit cards a plenty but no auto loans, no mortgage, no student loans no other type of credit. 

M....

Consider a secured share loan..... there are many threads on the subject..... (through a CU)....

I think it might be what your looking for... It worked for me..... 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

So happy for you! Congrats!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.