cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Lender hit my CR with SIX separate inquiries???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

One Lender hit my CR with SIX separate inquiries???

Back in October of 2013, I got a short term loan in an attempt to build credit.  They promised to report to all 3 bureaus (never happened).  HOWEVER, the lender hit my CR with an inquiry in October, November, Feb 2014, June 2014, July 2014 and Sept 2014.  **bleep**???  Can they do this, and if not, what can I do to correct it??? Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: One Lender hit my CR with SIX separate inquiries???

What lender was it? (So I know to avoid them like the plague)

Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Were the inquiries made after the loan was approved/established recoreded as hard or soft inquiries?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was Security FInance, aka Maverick Finance.  They are HQ in Spartanburg, SC.  They are all hard inquiries showing up exclusively on EQ.  I am working to get these repeat inquiries off of there. One is enough!!  They ahve no legal right to continually do inquiries, do they?  This is a short term loan place that is supposed to report to a 3 bureaus to help build your credit.  I'm sure they were inquiring to see if I bumped enough to qualify for a bigger loan (hence, more interest to them) but by that time I had already figured out the much better CD loan idea.  Ugh.  I hate these low lifes.  I can't wait to get a better score so I can get treated decently and deal with a better class of sharks. 

Message 4 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

After they have approved and the loan established, then subsequent inquiries are for internal account review, and should be coded as soft.

I would informally contact the creditor and request correction of the coding.

You cannot file a direct dispute with them, as the direct dispute rules specifically exempt disputes pertaining to inquiries.

Message 5 of 7
EW800
Valued Contributor

+1 on what Robert stated. They can do SP's for AR's, so hopefully they can just get those recoded for you!
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys!  It's enormously helpful to have folks like yourselves take the time to help noobs like me Smiley Happy

Seriously.  Much gratitude here for the help- this forum seems like a good place to be. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.