Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One account history listed twice

tag
Ryan_K002
New Visitor

One account history listed twice

Hello,

My bank (say bank A) was bought out by a national bank (say bank B) last year. Bank B converted my checking account over in May 2012, and my credit card in August 2012.

I had auto payments setups on my bank A credit card through my bank A checking account. When the checking account was converted to bank B, auto payments were disabled. I did not catch this, and missed a payment. I understand this was my fault, as I should have updated my auto payment information.

I just signed up at MyFICO and pulled my Equifax credit report. It appears my Bank A credit card history has copied over entirely to my Bank B credit card. That missed payment in May 2012 is listed on the Bank A credit card (listed as: Opened Aug 2006, Date of last activity Sep 2012) as "May 2012 - 30 days late", AND on the Bank B credit card (listed as: Opened Aug 2006, Date of last activity Mar 2013) as well.

Looking at the FICO credit score, it now says I have 2 accounts with a missed payment. I'm assuming this will negatively impact my credit score, vs having just the 1 account with a missed payment?

And if so, how should I try to take care of it? Contact the bank or the CRAs?

Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: One account history listed twice

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.