Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One baddie and one okay-ie

tag
Myscore0
Valued Member

One baddie and one okay-ie

So I only have 2 entries on my credit report:

Arvest bank  CO paid after charge off not scheduled to drop until 2017- the baddie

First Arkansas auto loan paid and closed 2007 no lates - the okay-ie

I guess the auto loan isn't really helping me much because it's so old right?

I talked to someone at my local Arvest branch about pulling the CO from my report but she said they really couldn't do anything on their end I should ask the CA, but I thought it was up to the OC to take that off. Anyway I am sending GW letters out tomorrow to the main branch to see if they can help.

I have applied for a Cap 1 secured card and will be getting a secured card from my bank also. I'm going to let those age a while, but my question is:

If I can't remove that CO how bad will it hurt me in say a year when I try to apply for better unsecured cards?  The woman at Arvest bank said as long as it shows paid it really shouldn't affect my credit (???) but I kinda doubt that!

Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

Starting scores 8/21/14: TU 622 EX 641 EQ 631
Current scores 10/4/14: TU 725 EX 662 EQ 675
Goal scores: All above 700
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
GooseGirl
Contributor

Re: One baddie and one okay-ie

A charge off is considered a major derogatory and will impact your score the entire time it is on your credit report, although that impact may lessen as time passes. However, establishing positive tradelines now and letting them age will help you get the unsecured cards you want in the future. For example, I still have 2 CO on my report, along with 2 other tradelines that have late payments that also qualify as major derog and I have qualified for unsecured cards. My credit limit is not incredibly high but it is helping me continue to rebuild my credit.

Starting Score: EQ 541 (lender pull July 2012)
Current Score: EQ FICO 673, TU08 648, EX FICO 654
Next Goal Score: 680
Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

The older close in good standing car loan account is helping you with your AAoA, it will remain on file for up to 10 years post close.

Message 3 of 4
Myscore0
Valued Member

Thank you both, good to know that it may not hinder me quest for unsecured cards. Also didn't know that car loan would stay on there for 10 years, thanks for the info!

Starting scores 8/21/14: TU 622 EX 641 EQ 631
Current scores 10/4/14: TU 725 EX 662 EQ 675
Goal scores: All above 700
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.