Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One baddie left

tag
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

One baddie left

Ok the only derog I have left on my credit reports (EX & TU only for some reason) is HSBC Bank, a credit card my (now) ex-husband maxed out without making a payment, and hiding the bills. It charged off in 2008 and I pulled my credit a few months later and saw the derog. I called and PIF immediately (obviously not knowing I could request a PFD). It still sits there as a PIF C/O last reported 10/2008, and I cannot for the life of me, find proof that I paid it, should I still try a GW? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: One baddie left

Absolutely send them a GW.  Get that in the mail.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 5
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

So I have been searching, reading and reviewing all of the GW examples and I am kind of lost. I no longer have a relationship with this bank to mention being a good customer since the CO. I of course, can explain the circumstances behind the issue that led to the CO, but what else can I throw out there as a "hey be nice to me now because..." kind of statement? Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

IME I've found that keeping them short and simple is the best.  Don't write a book.  Just greet them, tell them a little about the situation and ask for their forgiveness.  Of course with some I've had to ask many times.  Write one and post on the boards, leave out all the personal information, and we will help you.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 5
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Should have probably left my Orchard open for the GW lol

Should have probably left my Orchard open for the GW lol

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.