Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One baddie on EQ

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

One baddie on EQ

So I have one baddie on my EQ report that is weighing my EQ score down. The other two bureaus are reporting a FICO scorre 50pts higher than my EQ, and its because of the one baddie. I have used a credit repair company to dispute it for me, but I haven't had any luck. Everytime they dispute it my credit file for this transaction goes from "Account closed/Zero balance--->Consumer disputes--Reinvestiagation in process" to "Consumer disputes--Reinvestiagion in process---->Account closed/Zero balance". I have disputed this several times, and it costs my EQ credit score about 3-4pts lower whenever they deny me. Pretty much I had a checking account that I was barely using, about two years ago I funded the account just to have my student loans auto debited from this checking account. While I was overseas, I made the mistake of not funding the account before a payment was being debited from the account, which left me with a negative balance. So the original bank ended up being sold to another bank. I pay all the charges for that mistake, and now have a $0 balance. Should I fund the account, and try to dispute again...or should I try to send the GW letters myself...

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: One baddie on EQ

Maybe try sending the GW's yourself. It's more personal that way. You have nothing to lose at this point.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: One baddie on EQ

Yeah guess I'll give it a try

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.