cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One final collection removal = 60 point increase!!!

tag
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

Re: One final collection removal = 60 point increase!!!

Congrats!!!

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015
Goal Score: 750 or higher across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 18
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

Love hearing success stories like that.  And congratulations on your great score increase - fabulous.

Message 12 of 18
silverbimmer04
Regular Contributor

That is AWESOME !!!   Love to hear when people are diligent and reach their goals !!!

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  I just got a paid $712 collection removed, I am curious and anxious to see how many points it will gain me.  It was only a year old though.  Anyone know appoximately how many will be gained?  My mortgage is relying on this?  

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, Homeorbust. Was it a collection that wasn't yours or a collection that you paid then had removed. If you paid then had it removed, what steps did you take?

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's complicated on if it was mine or not. It ended up on my credit report after divorce too complicated to explain. I took responsibility for it, I paid it, and I finally got the deletion after spending a month trying to get it removed. I'm just curious at how many points I will gain after my mortgage loan officer rapid rescores it
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Homeorbust - if it was your only collection, you could see a 30-40 pt bump, if not more!   It also depends on how recent they reported it.   Because I am fighting this, when it updated on equifax, I lost 33 pts. I won't stop until it is removed.  I have sent one last certified letter today.  I am sick of seeing "verified" without any response to the other items I demand to see (hipaa authorization, business agreement with this CA and the provider, a bill from the provider would even be interesting).  The provider is clueless.  The last time I was there was in 2008 and it was paid.  They said they don't even know who this collection agency is.  There was a similar name to mine in their system but the DOB and SS# didn't match.  The problem is they don't seem to want to take the energy to send me one simple letter.

My next steps will be reporting them to BBB, filing a hipaa violation, and a CFPB complaint.  Experian is still investigating.  I hope they provide the info I requested so I can get to the bottom of it.

I hope you get a nice bump for your mortgage scores!  That is why I am so adamant about this collection.  I want it off so we can buy a house with better rates!  I was content to apply with a 695 mid score but when I saw a 60 pt increase, I am no longer content!!

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Darrell - how old is the collection you are dealing with?  I NEVER recommend paying or even contacting the CA.  I would contact the provider and pay them direct if possible.  Once the provider is paid, they have to withdraw the claim from the collection agency or they will be in violation of hipaa laws.  If the CA has bought the debt, that is a whole different can of worms and a totally difference process.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.