cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One last order of business and my repair journey is complete....thanks to all myFico friends!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

One last order of business and my repair journey is complete....thanks to all myFico friends!

Yesterday, I called TU and successfully requested EE of a judgement from Cap One that was due to fall off 8/15.

I also found a local CU that only pulls TU, and is willing to approve an auto loan for me with my limited current income, which will allow me to begin a job search and ultimately go back to work. (Happy Happy Yay!) Now if only I can decide what I want (and can) do with my life.

First I need to deal with Enhanced Recovery Company. I was planning to just leave them hanging in the wind until they fall off on their own in 2017, but CUs don't like approving loans with CA accts on my reports. And unless I get a car loan, I'm stuck with VERY minimal income, no chance at a job ( no public transit here), and dependent on others for too much. I want my life back!

So...I owe ERC $382 and $82 for old AT&T and Sprint accounts. The goal is to have them report as $0 balance. Do I have to PIF or can I settle? I know ERC won't PFD anymore. What would you do?

I do have copies of settlements they offered me last year. The lowest offered to settle the $382 for $124.

Once ERC is out of my life, I have no more baddies. Scores are already in 718-730 range. I've got all positives in my CRs, (9 SLs, 2 revolvers, one installment loan, soon to have an auto loan) and once I get a job I plan to pay off my judgement.

Then I'm off to the garden until I'm ready to buy a house in 18-24 months.

So I went from dealing with a dangerous domestic situation, losing my job and career to a life changing disability diagnosis, and the resulting credit purgatory to now standing on the precipice of a new life. For the first time in a LONG time, I have hope and excitement about what comes next!

Thanks everyone!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: One last order of business and my repair journey is complete....thanks to all myFico friends!

Since the PFD is a no go, I'd pay the reduced rate and save some money.  Then once they are paid, I'd start the GW campaign with them.  Congrats on improving your situation.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.