Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One main financial updating

tag
w121jld
Contributor

Re: One main financial updating

The entire account isn't being deleted just the charge off.
Message 11 of 15
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

Did your scores increase?
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
No.

It will if they actually remove the charge off status.

Message 13 of 15
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@w121jld wrote:
The account is about 5 years old, but it's been charged off reporting every month since 05/2012.

You may see a little change in scores with the actual "CO" status being removed, but will depend on how it reports AFTER the fact.

If there are NO negatives or negative 'wording" associated with the acct after the CO status goes away, and it changes to a postive acct, youll see a a bump in scores if its your only negative reporting.  

If there are negatives wordings still attached to the acct after the CO status part is removed, it will still be considered a negative or derogatory acct, so then the DOFD applies....in your case if DOFD was in 2011, then acct will drop or turn postive in 2018. 

Message 14 of 15
sjt
Senior Contributor

@w121jld wrote:

One main financial called me today and stated that since my account was settled that they are going to remove the charge off and just report as settled in full. Will this raise my credit score? 

If the account was reporting monthly, then settling the account to a 0 balance will help result in a bump in score. 

My friend recently paid a charge off still owned by the original creditor and reported monthly. After it was updated to paid/charge off, 0 balance, they received a nice bump in score.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.