Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One persistent dentist....

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

One persistent dentist....

11 years ago DW went to the dentist, insurance never paid, we ended up with a bill ($42), lost track of it. until it was going to trial, missed the dentist in the office, since he was actually at the court house didn't relize...

judgement, numerous attempts at collection...

WI statue of limitations runs out

Falls off all credit reports

Still we are getting a demand for payment, this year they he added a Care Credit flyer suggesting she should use CareCredit to pay for this debt even tought its 11 years old.... and outside of SOL, and off our reports. 

wont the guy get a clue

guess we will just continue to ignore it, any communication and this joker may decide to re-age it. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: One persistent dentist....

He got a judgement for $42 bucks???? WOW petty!

Message 2 of 20
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Are you serious?  Is that a typo?  $42 (not $4200)?

If true, it cost him/her more to file the lawsuit than the $42.

I would go on to Yelp and spell this all out in a scathing review.  Fess up you owed him $42, but warn any potential future patients to stay far, far away from this joker.

This person is irrational.  Would you want them drilling in your mouth?

Message 3 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@jamesdwi wrote:

11 years ago DW went to the dentist, insurance never paid, we ended up with a bill ($42), lost track of it. until it was going to trial, missed the dentist in the office, since he was actually at the court house didn't relize...

Still we are getting a demand for payment, this year they he added a Care Credit flyer suggesting she should use CareCredit to pay for this debt even tought its 11 years old.... and outside of SOL, and off our reports. 

wont the guy get a clue

guess we will just continue to ignore it, any communication and this joker may decide to re-age it. 

If the dentist has a judgment I suggest you contact him and arrange a settlement (if he doesnt own it anymore you contact who does or their collector) SOL doesnt apply to any judgment that is granted, the active period for a judgment in WI is 20 years and the interest rate is 12% per annum, fees and court costs can also be added to the amount of the judgment. Judgments can be renewed basically forever, at some point they will come for their money by seizing bank accounts, etc as allowed by state law.

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

wont the guy get a clue

If the dentist has a judgment I suggest you contact him and arrange a settlement (if he doesnt own it anymore you contact who does or their collector) SOL doesnt apply to any judgment that is granted, the active period for a judgment in WI is 20 years and the interest rate is 12% per annum, fees and court costs can also be added to the amount of the judgment. Judgments can be renewed basically forever, at some point they will come for their money by seizing bank accounts, etc as allowed by state law.

Collection time limit on a judgment in WI is either 20 years if it is from a "court of record" or its 6 years if its from a "court not of record". I'm going to make a wild geuss here and assume that "not of record" means small claims court.

I'd give him his 42 bucks at this point just to get him to STFU and stop bothering me. Its not like 42 bucks is going to break you. I mean, you DID stiff him for it.

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, do you know for certain this was a "court not of record" - meaning there is no court reporter and no record of all oral proceeding.  

Message 6 of 20
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

researching the "court of record" thing... 

its listed as  Small Claims court, with  a "Class code" of  Sm Claim, Claim Under $ Limit

case is closed, but judgement is listed as active when it was last updated years ago. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Message 7 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@jamesdwi wrote:

researching the "court of record" thing... 

its listed as  Small Claims court, with  a "Class code" of  Sm Claim, Claim Under $ Limit

case is closed, but judgement is listed as active when it was last updated years ago. 

Small Claims actions look like they are valid for 10 years, I would see if this has been renewed or not, if it has expired this whole thing is over with and I would send the collector an ITS letter.

https://www.wicourts.gov/services/public/selfhelp/smallclaims.htm

Message 8 of 20
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

I guess it comes down to the date that is used.. I see these dates, the original service was 11/30/2004

Judgment/Lien Date
Total Amount
Warrant Number
03-13-2006
$ 188.50

Date and Time Docketed
Service/Event Date
12-26-2007 at 10:50 am
Message 9 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@jamesdwi wrote:

I guess it comes down to the date that is used.. I see these dates, the original service was 11/30/2004

Judgment/Lien Date
Total Amount
Warrant Number
03-13-2006
$ 188.50

Date and Time Docketed
Service/Event Date
12-26-2007 at 10:50 am

That is the key date. It is still an active judgment for small claims. I would check and see if SC can be renewed in WI.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.