Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One step forward, 3 back.....

tag
907grown
Established Contributor

One step forward, 3 back.....

I did such a great job paying down my debt and paying off my bad debt, score is still recovering. Have to pay off a CO on hubby's credit and one more collection, then we will be done with bad debt. I planned to apply for USDA next month as we will have 620 or better middle scores. Sat down and did the taxes today.... I was counting on that return to pay off 3000 tax owed balance from last year as well as allowing me the additional money to pay off his bad debt.... We're going to owe another 6000.00 when I do finally file in April..... I'm so disappointed right now..... 

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

Re: One step forward, 3 back.....

Cheer up! Just do what you can and keep the faith that you will come out on top!

Message 2 of 4
down_n_out
Contributor

Damn that sucks, I know how you feel after I get me and my hubby's credit cleared up. We still owe around 15k in back taxes. It never ends and I wanted to do a offer in compromise but it is a VERY  detailed process and there is NO  guarantee the IRS will accept it . Can't afford to take that chance when hubby has serious lifelong illness and we can't even afford his meds to throw good money after bad and have IRS laugh in our face!

Message 3 of 4
nma851
Regular Contributor

@907grown wrote:

I did such a great job paying down my debt and paying off my bad debt, score is still recovering. Have to pay off a CO on hubby's credit and one more collection, then we will be done with bad debt. I planned to apply for USDA next month as we will have 620 or better middle scores. Sat down and did the taxes today.... I was counting on that return to pay off 3000 tax owed balance from last year as well as allowing me the additional money to pay off his bad debt.... We're going to owe another 6000.00 when I do finally file in April..... I'm so disappointed right now..... 

We've ALL been up and down these same stairs many times.  I ASSURE you of such & I'm going through it AGAIN with the same OC who, once a year, decides "Oh we didn't P&TD discharge/cancel - he owes - let's try CA #249" when they get the itch.  SO, now I'm battling them again.  

However, I will do nothing but APPLAUD your efforts and how far you've come.  

As for the IRS stuff - which is complex enough to begin with, do you even know why your hit with a liability?  Are you not having enough taxes taken out?  I don't want to intrude too much on the topic but first things first, get the problem resolved as to why your withholding is insufficient.  That's one way to stop that madness.  Moving on to owing once again, see this link & MAYBE one of these options will help you out.  We hear about people settling for pennies ALL the time - that person SHOULD & COULD be you!!  Never ever ever hurts to try:  http://www.irs.gov/uac/The-%E2%80%9CWhat-Ifs%E2%80%9D-for-Struggling-Taxpayers

Hope this helps some & keep your head up.  I know those are just words and I would NEVER have believed it 3 years ago myself.  However, there's MANY of us & we're living proof that the bad DOES GO AWAY!!!

BCE: 22.5K; BC-REW: 15K; QSSIG: 15K; CITI: 6K; FREE: 15.5K; DISC-IT: 17K; FCU: 20K; FCU-HELOC: 7.3/45K; AMZ-MC: 6.5K; KAY: 7.4K, LOWES VISA: 22K. FICOS: EX: 829; TU: 812, EQ: 822- 21 OCT 15. (NEVER TO FORGET PRE-MF: 635, 629, & 630 in Oct 2012)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.