Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Disputes - Is Equifax the worst?

tag
randaljon
Regular Contributor

Online Disputes - Is Equifax the worst?

I disputed 2 items with Equifax last month.

There was a credit inquiry listed with no company name or information - Equifax verified it! No company name or information and it's verified???

I disputed an HSBC revolving account that was closed and charged-off. This dispute was investigated and "verified".

Now the HSBC account is listed as collection and went from 0 balance to 968.

Now it has identical account number and balance as National Credit Adjusters. So they are now listed as duplicate collection accounts. My score dropped 40 points.

Now I have to dispute these duplicate accounts.

I have decided to handwrite the dispute and mail it to Equifax.

Is Equifax the worst CRA?

Starting Scores(Jan/2011): EQ 564 TU 538 EXP 576
Current Score: EQ 692 TU 728 EXP 710 (Quizzle FAKO)Goal Score: 720

Wallet: Grow Visa 500, Capital One MC 2000, Capital One MC 1250, Paypal MC 3000, Jared 10500, Kay 2000, Walmart 2050, TJX Rewards 1200
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Online Disputes - Is Equifax the worst?

If I am understanding you correctly, HSBC is reporting and National Credit Adi is also reporting the same debt.

HSBC is reporting a $0 bal, while Nat Credit Adj is reporting 968.

This reporting is correct,by HSBC reporting a $0 bal, they sold the debt to Nat Credit Adj.

If you have the money, I would suggest to send Nat Credit Adj a PFD letter.

That would get the CA deleted but the OC would stay on your CR.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 4
randaljon
Regular Contributor

No, HSBC on all my CRAs was listed as a Revolvling account, which it is.

I disputed the something on the account. with  Equifax. Equifax "verified" it. But on the new report HSBC was reported as a collection account with a 968 balance. Before the dispute it had a zero balance. Therefore, now HSBC is now wrongly reported as a collection just like the company they sold it to NCA.

I was just pointing out that Equifax probably not only didn't verify anything, they came back with an error!

Starting Scores(Jan/2011): EQ 564 TU 538 EXP 576
Current Score: EQ 692 TU 728 EXP 710 (Quizzle FAKO)Goal Score: 720

Wallet: Grow Visa 500, Capital One MC 2000, Capital One MC 1250, Paypal MC 3000, Jared 10500, Kay 2000, Walmart 2050, TJX Rewards 1200
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would not dispute through the CRA, period.

I would file a direct dispute with the party who reported the disputed information, and bypass the CRA entirely.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.