Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online application for Crown Jewelers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Online application for Crown Jewelers

I just did this.  I'm currently at FICO EX 598 and desperately want to get above 600.  According the the website and from some members here they will grant credit without doing even a soft pull.  I've heard from some that you need to actually purchase something but has anyone else just done it online?  Seems almost too easy so I feel like I did something wrong!!!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Online application for Crown Jewelers

I have...and many others...but first CREATE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT...don't pay through their system...go to the paypal link yo pay...Crown Jewelers is good...there is NO credit check..I think your CL is based off you income..and they don't even check that...but usually they give a $1500 CL...they report to TU & EX...not EQ...after activation...you have to buy something before they report to the CRAs...when the ship..they report...it's good....especially for rebuilding...
Message 2 of 8
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

I was thinking of getting one but really what is the point if it doesn't report to EQ? I'm sure its great for TU and EX but don't your FICO score come from your EQ? My EQ score is by far the worst of the 3. I need to better my score for EQ.

v/r
James
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO score comes from all...scorewatch is only for EQ...but EQ is not all that is made up of our reports...
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already have a paypal account so that's good to know.  I plan on buying something small and PIF for it.  Is that how I'm supposed to do it?  I'm not a big bling guy so I'm doing this for the credit bump and not to shop for jewelry.  Do I need to keep buying stuff and PIF for my CL to increase or should I just keep the account at 0?  Or should I keep a low balance on it instead of PIF?  Oh, btw I don't really care if it reports to EQ or not.  My EX is always running about 20-30 points below TU and EQ anyways and all the lenders I talk to use EX.

Message Edited by kahuna on 06-09-2008 10:13 AM
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep the low balance...the only way to get an increase...is if you buy something over your CL...I believe...if you account stays inactive for 6 months...CJ will lower your CL to $500...so that's why you should keep the low balance...pay the minimum...until it's paid off...then you would have to buy something else in 6 months...to keep the CL...
Message 6 of 8
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Get the account it will help you greatly, once it hit my experian report my score rose 19 points, and transunion rose 16 points!

Message Edited by Schoolbuskid on 06-09-2008 05:11 PM
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow.  I just got approved for a $1500 CL with no inquiry.  They sent me the approval about 4 hours after I filled out the online app.  Then I went online and bought a $109 watch and put down about $50 via paypal.  The way I see it I'm paying a little over $100 for a boost in my score hopefully.  Hope it pans out for me.  It almost seems too easy but I'm not counting my FICO before it hatches...or something like that.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.