Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online dispute status, please help

tag
tealewis
Valued Member

Online dispute status, please help

I posted the following a week or so ago and not a lot of response. Still I would like input if anyone knows how this works. 

I disputed a collections account that I didn't recognize on my Transunuion credit report. I did it as an online dispute over 2 weeks ago. When I click on the check status of dispute, everything just says "n/a". Does that mean that the dispute did not go through? Are they just not posting anything because they are waiting to hear back from the collections co? I realize it is going to take a month or so to get a final verdict but I'm worried the initial dispuse isn't being proccessed and I'm wasting time...

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: Online dispute status, please help

When i disputed it always said either "pending" or "Investigation complete."

You could try calling them and asking if they have a dispute going for you.  I've never heard of or read of "n/a" before. 

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 3
sunshine24
New Contributor

Re: Online dispute status, please help

I've never heard of N/A either. I've had the best success with writing detailed dispute letters and providing backup via postal mail.

Starting Score: 608 EQ (FICO) 8/11/11
Current Score: 713 EQ (FICO) 2/14/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.