Valued Member
tealewis

Online dispute status, please help

I posted the following a week or so ago and not a lot of response. Still I would like input if anyone knows how this works. 

I disputed a collections account that I didn't recognize on my Transunuion credit report. I did it as an online dispute over 2 weeks ago. When I click on the check status of dispute, everything just says "n/a". Does that mean that the dispute did not go through? Are they just not posting anything because they are waiting to hear back from the collections co? I realize it is going to take a month or so to get a final verdict but I'm worried the initial dispuse isn't being proccessed and I'm wasting time...

Senior Contributor
Booner72

Re: Online dispute status, please help

When i disputed it always said either "pending" or "Investigation complete."

You could try calling them and asking if they have a dispute going for you.  I've never heard of or read of "n/a" before. 

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
New Contributor
sunshine24

Re: Online dispute status, please help

I've never heard of N/A either. I've had the best success with writing detailed dispute letters and providing backup via postal mail.

Starting Score: 608 EQ (FICO) 8/11/11
Current Score: 713 EQ (FICO) 2/14/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+