Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online dispute with Transunion

tag
Reese2107
Valued Member

Online dispute with Transunion

I recently applied for the Disocver IT for students and discovered one of my collection accounts to be gone, however a collection showed up on Transunion all the way back from 2008.  The debt belongs to my mother, not I.

I was mainly curious as to how long it actually takes whenever you do an online dispute for Transunion in particular to resolve it. Could it possibly be before the thirty days...or does it usually take longer?

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ: 664 TU: 673 EX: 700
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Cards: Citi Forward (Students): $1.5k, Wells Fargo Secured: $2k, Kay Jewelers: $300, BoA Cash Rewards (Students): $700, Buckle: $250
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Online dispute with Transunion

I think you might get more assistance in the Rebuilding Forum.

I am requesting it to be moved for you. Good luck!
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would suggest that you reconsider using an online dispute, period.

Any dispute you file via a CRA results in their use of their e-Oscar system to refer the dispute to the furnisher for ther investigation and response.

The CRAs only forward a form to the furnisher, identitying the type of dispute, and dont forward all of your supporting documentation.  They sanitize the content.

When you file an online dispute, you are in essence pre-sanitiziing your own dispute, as you dont even subit all documentation to the CRA.

The alternative is to send the dispute directly to the party who reported the information.  By using a direct dispute, you ensure that the furnisher receives ALL your supporting documentation and arguments.

That would seem particularly important for your issue, as asserting the dbt is not yours will definately requre some documentation and explanation.

A signed statement from your mother would certainly provde strong support.

I would send a direct dispute.  The furnisher is required to respond directly to you within the same period imposed on the CRAs for concluding a dispute filed through them.

Message 3 of 4
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.