Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only 3 open account left on credit reports deferred Student loans until 2012

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only 3 open account left on credit reports deferred Student loans until 2012

My Equifax FICO is 606, after settling and paying all of my charge offs. Everything with the exception of Experian is showing accurately with all 3 credit bureaus.

Initially I started off at a 503 Equifax FICO. I have a prepaid card that I use and have money sent to it through my payroll, and my bank debit card. Does anyone know how I can raise my FICO with only having 3 open non active accounts? I really don't want to apply for a credit card, any other options?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Only 3 open account left on credit reports deferred Student loans until 2012

What are your 3 open accounts? The SLs?

If you have no CCs reporting on your CRs, your FICO score is taking a hit. I too had no CCs at one point. I didn't need any. But I did learn after adding the first 3 that my scores shot way up. You don't have to be in debt to have a CC. You can always opened a secured CC somewhere, and the limit doesn't matter either. You can always get one for a couple hundred and you'll see a large gain provided you don't charge up the card and have that balance report. You can always PIF and then shelve the card for a while and then use it again for a cup of coffee and then repeat the process every 3-4 months.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Only 3 open account left on credit reports deferred Student loans until 2012 to llecs

Yes they are student loans, I currently work full-time and am in school full-time, so all of them have been deferred until 2012. I'll look into a secured CC then. Thanks for the advice.

Message 3 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Only 3 open account left on credit reports deferred Student loans until 2012

@Anonymous wrote:

My Equifax FICO is 606, after settling and paying all of my charge offs. Everything with the exception of Experian is showing accurately with all 3 credit bureaus.

Initially I started off at a 503 Equifax FICO. I have a prepaid card that I use and have money sent to it through my payroll, and my bank debit card. Does anyone know how I can raise my FICO with only having 3 open non active accounts? I really don't want to apply for a credit card, any other options?

Even though you paid those charge offs they are still hurting your score the same as if they were unpaid. You'll need to try and get them deleted and that will help also.

From a BK years ago to:
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

do not apply for credit cards. secure credit cards works best, deposit the min at each financial insitution that offers secure credit cards. charge something small, pay the min before its due and pay the rest the next month. repeat the following every other month. and get a secure loan, its an account used as collateral. that you pay every month. you're score should skyrocket.  as for the charge off's, do not pay em. it does not do any affect to your score once paid, just let time do its part and for the SOL expires.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.