Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only Dispute One Item at a Time?

tag
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Only Dispute One Item at a Time?

I just emailed a dispute on one topic to all 3 CRAs. I assume I need to wait for a response to send in a completely different dispute?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Only Dispute One Item at a Time?

No need to limit to only one pending dispute at a time.  Each is entered and handled on its own merits.

Be aware that you also have the option of filing any dispute directly with the furnisher rather than sending the dispute through a CRA.

Unless the furnisher indepently notices the CRA of the dispute, it wont be shown in your credit report/file.

Message 2 of 5
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Good to know. Thanks.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just submitted 4 disputes to one and 1 to another so I hope they handle them all at the same time

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you send a dispute to a CRA, they are required to forward a copy of your dispute to the party who furnished the disputed information,and that furnisher is then required to investigate and respond back to the CRA handing the dispute within that CRA's reinvestigation period (usually thirty days).

Thus, I would strongly advise that if you are disputing multiple items, you do so by way of a separate dispute of each, and not lump them within the same letter.

Lumping complicates the forwarding of a copy of your dispute to the furnisher, as the clerk at the CRA must decipher and decide who gets what.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.