Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Sky CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Open Sky CC

I just applied for the OpenSky secured card and Im not quite sure if i was approved or not. It just said...

"Thank you for funding your secured deposit account!

Once your deposit has cleared you will receive an email from Card Services at Capital Bank letting you know your card is on its way.

Thank you for choosing our card!"

Can anyone with this card help me out or let me know how the approval process went for them?

Thanks!! 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Open Sky CC

They don't deny anybody. They will send you an email once they have sent your card out. You should expect to see itin about a week or two. Congrats on getting the open sky card. It was my first card post bankruptcy and is a great card for rebuilding. Just be aware that they put a five business day hold on all payments.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They accept everyone and you can raise the limit whenever you want by sending them more money. They also report to all 3.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well thanks for the info I'm pretty pumped about it, and it sucks on the 5 day business hold for payments geez. So I should probably pay it 5 business days before its due.

@Anonymous wrote:
They don't deny anybody. They will send you an email once they have sent your card out. You should expect to see itin about a week or two. Congrats on getting the open sky card. It was my first card post bankruptcy and is a great card for rebuilding. Just be aware that they put a five business day hold on all payments.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new card! I just recently got an Open sky card as well. I applied in late June and received it early July. It does take the 5 days for a payment to post, so I pay my bill as soon as I possibly can. They also report to the credit bureas on the last business day in each month.

Message 5 of 10
TuffTurkey
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just applied for the OpenSky secured card and Im not quite sure if i was approved or not. It just said...

"Thank you for funding your secured deposit account!

Once your deposit has cleared you will receive an email from Card Services at Capital Bank letting you know your card is on its way.

Thank you for choosing our card!"

Can anyone with this card help me out or let me know how the approval process went for them?

Thanks!!

Great Card, Ive had it since may. When it hits your credit report it will say its already been over for 30 days open to help with AAOA they do you a solid. I have no complaints other then waiting forever to get the card and the initial deposit to post. And It doesnt report as secured but unsecured Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 10
VLGaffEsq
Regular Contributor

I have been with Open Sky cc since 2013, and my payments to my account now post within 1 day, and my available credit is updated within a day also.  For what it is (a secured card that accepts anyone despite your credit past), Open Sky secured credit card is a good option for anyone tying to rebuild their credit.

Message 7 of 10
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

Awesome card. I have used it to rebuild. The payments post a lot faster now and they even gave me a credit limit increase.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with those that say OpenSky is a great card. Only a $29 annual fee and none of the predatory fees like CreditOne and First Premier.

Message 9 of 10
katrinalbsn
Contributor

Gagirl82 did you put money in the account to increase your credit limit?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.